In order to register your business with DSOA you must choose one of the following three company types.
1 - Branch
Any established company, whether in the UAE or abroad, can register its branch in the Dubai Silicon Oasis. The activity of the branch proposes to conduct in the Dubai Silicon Oasis is required to be identical to the activity conducted by the parent company.
2 - Free Zone Establishment (FZE)
An FZE is a legal entity incorporated/registered by a single shareholder. The shareholder can either be an individual or a non-individual/corporate.
3 - Free Zone Company (FZCO)
An FZCO is a legal entity incorporated/registered with a minimum of two shareholders. Shareholders can be either individuals or non-individual(s)/corporate.
DED Registered Companies
Companies already established with the Dubai Economic Department (DED) and who wish to operate in the The Administrative Zone in DSO (i.e. in non-DSOA property) should apply for a Business Operation Permit.
Start Up Businesses & Entrepreneurs
For more information on Company Types and set up for start up businesses & entrepreneurs please see our start up & entrepreneurial support section.
What is The Administrative Zone in DSO?
Please click for more information on The Administrative Zone within DSO.
Business Licence Types
Companies looking to set up within in DSO can choose from three types of licences, which can be selected according to the company's operational requirements. Please note: that branch entities are only entitled to conduct activity within the parent company's activities.
- Service Licence: This allows the registered entity to carry out only specified services.
- Trade Licence: This allows the registered entity to practice activities which are related to import, export, and distribution of items and goods as specified in the licence.
- Industrial Licence: This allows the registered entity to import raw material, manufacture, and process, assemble, package and export the finished product.
- Business Operation Permit: This is a special permit for companies operating in the The Administrative Zone of DSOA (areas owned by private developers) using a licence issued by Dubai Economic Department (DED). This licence is issued based on the licence issued by Dubai Economic Department. No share capital is required for this type of licence.
- Entrepreneurial Business Licence: An EBL licence is designed to accelerate the successful development of young entrepreneurs and their businesses through an array of support resources and services. This licence is only available for members of DSO's incubator program and involves a low cost licence in return for a small stake in the business. For more information entrepreneurial licences please see our start up & entrepreneurial support section.
In addition to the array of high-quality facilities for offices, warehousing and manufacturing DSO also offers companies plots of land for them to establish their own properties. For more information please see Land for development
For any queries or require assistance:
(+971) 4 501 5555
Set Up Process
- Application Form
- Letter of Intent
- Passport Copy(s)
- NOC for UAE residents only
- Bank statement/reference letter or audited financial report
- Company business plan
Application process = 7days
Registration = Variable (depending on the provision of legal documentation by the applicant)
License & Lease Agreement Issue = Within 2 days from receipt of all legal documents and payment
Please ensure that your applications included all required documents. For more information on documents required please view our document checklist.
Registering Businesses in The Administrative Zone in DSO
Please note that if you wish to operate your business from a property that is not directly owned by Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority but by a private developer/owner in a private development which are found within the freehold/leasehold areas of DSO then you will need to apply to DSOA's Freehold Licensing Section and follow the Business Set Up Process for The Administrative Zone in DSO.