Business License Types
Companies looking to set up within in DSO can choose from three types of licences, which can be selected according to the company’s operational requirements. Please note: that branch entities are only entitled to conduct activity within the parent company’s activities.
- Service Licence: This allows the registered entity to carry out only specified services.
- Trade Licence: This allows the registered entity to practice activities which are related to import, export, and distribution of items and goods as specified in the licence.
- Industrial Licence: This allows the registered entity to import raw material, manufacture, and process, assemble, package and export the finished product.
- Business Operation Permit: This is a special permit for companies operating in the The Administrative Zone of DSOA (areas owned by private developers) using a licence issued by Dubai Economic Department (DED). This licence is issued based on the licence issued by Dubai Economic Department. No share capital is required for this type of licence.
- Entrepreneurial Business Licence: An EBL licence is designed to accelerate the successful development of young entrepreneurs and their businesses through an array of support resources and services. This licence is only available for members of DSO’s incubator program and involves a low cost licence in return for a small stake in the business. For more information entrepreneurial licenses please see our start up & entrepreneurial support section.
What is The Administrative Zone in DSO?
Please click for more information on The Administrative Zone within DSO